What began as one big festival, GFPB worked in 2018 to energize some of the current festivals and quality of life events already in place. The plan is to have a schedule of events which will engage all segments of the community throughout the year.
Festivals in 2018 were:
- GFPB partnered with the Arts and Science Center for Southeast Arkansas on their Crossroad Festival: Exploring Jefferson County’s Cultural Heritage in February 2018.
- We partnered with the Pine Bluff Convention Center and M.K. Distributors to host the highly successful ForwardFEST: Beer, Batter and Blues on June 9.
- Pop Up in the Bluff, in partnership with Downtown Development, was held on September 29 and featured live music, vendors, children’s games and more.
- A Homecoming Comedy Showcase was held on Friday, November 2, at the Pine Bluff Convention Center and featured four well-known comedians.
- Mistletoe Magic: Believe in Miracles was highly successful despite the weather. The Christmas Parade at 5:30 on December 6 on Main Street kicked off the weekend with 24 floats. There were bands, characters and firetrucks in the parade as well. Saracen Landing was the site for an ice skating rink, a 32-foot-tall snowman bounce house and a life-size snow globe. Food trucks were there throughout the weekend. Due to rain and freezing temperatures, retail vendors were not able to set up.
- The return of the King Cotton Holiday Classic was held Pine Bluff December 27 through 29, 2018 at the Pine Bluff Convention Center.
2019 will see the return of these festivals. Pine Bluff is becoming a place of destination!